So where should I begin? probably with the most normal one.
Case 1. A hot air balloon flight
The morning had to start at 5, pick-up at 5.30am, and then waiting in the cold. The company we were flying with had 2 large balloons and we all were allocated to one or another. While the balloons were filled with hot air, we had to climb in and it was quite an exercise. You actually climb in 1/4 of the basket- box, sit and in our case laying with back on the wall between the 2 parts. During the flight we saw the endless fields of Masai Mara and the savannah... wildebeests and zebras were the majority and I can say the I saw their migration! It was funny when the pilot said: the way your guides spot animals is by looking at things that are not typical, not on the right place, so you should do the same! well, easy said but if everything for me is not my everyday life and when I don't know how the things usually look, it is really difficult to spot anything. Truth to be told, I tried and suggested that there was a giraffes but it appeared to be just a tree.
After the flight, we had even breakfast in the wild with champagne and full hot and cold breakfast. It was an OK experience as I've expected more but it is what it is.
Case 2. A Cheetah on a car-roof
This is somehting to talk about... for a long time ahead!
After the balloon flight, on our way to the breakfast spot we saw a cheetah who climbed on the roof of a car, the roof was partially open so we all were taking pictures like crazy. On the 4th day of our Masai Mara travel, we decided to go to the Mara river, start the day at 8 and come back around 4. so while Pedro, our driver was driving around and chasing animals, we saw a cheetah with a baby cheetah As usual he parked the car really close which was typical and we have been like a few meters away of lions etc so no surprise. Although a few min after we arrived she began moving and... climbed on our car... which was with an open roof (ok, 3 parts open with a small place in between where the covers fit). Imagine our shock! the British couple we were in the car with were behind us... I dared even to change lenses, take pictures and even to stand up, show my head 2-3 m max from the cheetah and have my pic taken. She stayed up there for quite some time and other cars were coming by to take pictures. The baby cheetah was around walking. At one point, the cheetah laid down like this is a perfect place to observe the area and rest... then walked on the narrow left frame of the car and got down to leave slowly walking with the baby... we were all relieved and Pedro had a lot of laugh with us... but we all were happy that it's behind us now :) and at the same time a great story to tell and pictures to show.
Case 3. Take a shower with a frog
Contrary to the cheetah case, this one made some of the staff members to joke with us and me in particular.
The first night when I took a cold shower (because we had not realized then that the knob with C is hot not cold shower), I saw a frog on the floor under the shower. Of course the friend I was traveling with made a lot of jokes about the frog etc because it then disappeared. The day after though when I took already a hot shower, the creature reappeared again (I guess this was my prince but I missed it again) and not just this but starting moving around and got under the sink At least it moved out of the shower area and let me finish calmly my shower. But then it started jumping on the wall (if you call the tent side a wall) which pretty much made me scream.. so as expected, After I ran out of the bathroom, and got ready in the tent itself, I told the staff about the intruder so to be removed (and the Frog was not in the bathroom when I entered the next time). As expected at dinner there were jokes about it but at least we were frog-less :)
Case 1. A hot air balloon flight
The morning had to start at 5, pick-up at 5.30am, and then waiting in the cold. The company we were flying with had 2 large balloons and we all were allocated to one or another. While the balloons were filled with hot air, we had to climb in and it was quite an exercise. You actually climb in 1/4 of the basket- box, sit and in our case laying with back on the wall between the 2 parts. During the flight we saw the endless fields of Masai Mara and the savannah... wildebeests and zebras were the majority and I can say the I saw their migration! It was funny when the pilot said: the way your guides spot animals is by looking at things that are not typical, not on the right place, so you should do the same! well, easy said but if everything for me is not my everyday life and when I don't know how the things usually look, it is really difficult to spot anything. Truth to be told, I tried and suggested that there was a giraffes but it appeared to be just a tree.
After the flight, we had even breakfast in the wild with champagne and full hot and cold breakfast. It was an OK experience as I've expected more but it is what it is.
Case 2. A Cheetah on a car-roof
This is somehting to talk about... for a long time ahead!
After the balloon flight, on our way to the breakfast spot we saw a cheetah who climbed on the roof of a car, the roof was partially open so we all were taking pictures like crazy. On the 4th day of our Masai Mara travel, we decided to go to the Mara river, start the day at 8 and come back around 4. so while Pedro, our driver was driving around and chasing animals, we saw a cheetah with a baby cheetah As usual he parked the car really close which was typical and we have been like a few meters away of lions etc so no surprise. Although a few min after we arrived she began moving and... climbed on our car... which was with an open roof (ok, 3 parts open with a small place in between where the covers fit). Imagine our shock! the British couple we were in the car with were behind us... I dared even to change lenses, take pictures and even to stand up, show my head 2-3 m max from the cheetah and have my pic taken. She stayed up there for quite some time and other cars were coming by to take pictures. The baby cheetah was around walking. At one point, the cheetah laid down like this is a perfect place to observe the area and rest... then walked on the narrow left frame of the car and got down to leave slowly walking with the baby... we were all relieved and Pedro had a lot of laugh with us... but we all were happy that it's behind us now :) and at the same time a great story to tell and pictures to show.
Case 3. Take a shower with a frog
Contrary to the cheetah case, this one made some of the staff members to joke with us and me in particular.
The first night when I took a cold shower (because we had not realized then that the knob with C is hot not cold shower), I saw a frog on the floor under the shower. Of course the friend I was traveling with made a lot of jokes about the frog etc because it then disappeared. The day after though when I took already a hot shower, the creature reappeared again (I guess this was my prince but I missed it again) and not just this but starting moving around and got under the sink At least it moved out of the shower area and let me finish calmly my shower. But then it started jumping on the wall (if you call the tent side a wall) which pretty much made me scream.. so as expected, After I ran out of the bathroom, and got ready in the tent itself, I told the staff about the intruder so to be removed (and the Frog was not in the bathroom when I entered the next time). As expected at dinner there were jokes about it but at least we were frog-less :)

No comments:
Post a Comment