Flight 1 - Moscow - Bangkok, 9-10 hours, Flight 2, Bangkok - Sydney, another 9 or so hours, departing with a delay from Bangkok but landed on time and here I am. Day 3, 4th time zone (Zurich, Moscow, Bangkok, Sydney), 2 seasons. so weather in Sydney was 12C which they call winter, I call early spring or late fall :) A lady - driver was waiting and drove me to the hotel, passing via the city. the issue with the hotel is that it is in the middle of nowhere, literally.. there are only offices and houses, nothing else! Even on tripadvisor, this is the only hotel listed in the area, hence, ranked #1. So, I won't be able to see the city (as it is about 50min by bus and you need to find thebus station first) and will "enjoy" the suburbs and work, which may be good after all.
Apparently, the treadmill in the hotel is not working (the "gym" is a room in a something like a house next to the swimming pool which noone uses as it is winter), so I went jogging outside. Such an industrial experience.. cars, buildings, a pave-road and me jogging but I desperately needed some exercise after being in a plane, airport, hotel, office or taxi in the last 3 days! I don't think this is time for first impressions because it is like being in Mississauga and saying how Toronto life is. But apart of the traffic on the wrong side of the street, it feels like North America :)

No comments:
Post a Comment