Bogota... I felt weird in the city and the traffic freaked me out.. totally!
On the way to the hotel from the airport, the area looked quite poor and unfriendly but the hotel was in an upscale neighborhood where you can feel different and safe.
I should acknowledge the fruits which taste great.. absolutely great! the service was also great (stayed at Cabrera Imperial)
I found a driver and a guide (overstatement) and spent a few hours in the city center - Bolivar square, Botero museum, Gold museum, saw the city center which stroke me with the small shops next to each other - opposite to the malls I've seen there too. Bogota is above 2000m which is the reason why the weather is cooler and the Andes are around you. Also the Candelara area with narrow colorful streets was particularly attractive.
In short, Bogota is for business and if you wish to see something else you should go to other places but this is a start!
And after the walk - the next 11hrs flight.
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment