Oh, it is great when you can speak or at least understand the language you are spoken... Russia, Bulgaria, socialist times, thank you for that!
I even had to take the train to the airport because everybody was concerned with the traffic, so a colleague was asked to come with me to the train station and make sure I get on quite funny but it is what it is.
Now, let's go down under...
but I should tell the story about the 2 sitting next to me on the flight from Zurich to Moscow. Next to me, was a Russian woman, who knew a few words in English, but she hardly spoke in English - a word here and there. On her other side was a Swiss man, who lives close to Zurich, who was trying and speaking in English and knew a few words in Russian. So for the full 3 hours trip, they were communicating - I was understading them both, not sure how uch they were understanding each other, I lent them a pen to exchange emails, she was showing pics on her camera, they were showing cities and staff on the map so it was really interesting dynamic... their communication was at a level above than the verbal one for sure.. that's life or love or i don't know what - destiny let's call it.
but I should tell the story about the 2 sitting next to me on the flight from Zurich to Moscow. Next to me, was a Russian woman, who knew a few words in English, but she hardly spoke in English - a word here and there. On her other side was a Swiss man, who lives close to Zurich, who was trying and speaking in English and knew a few words in Russian. So for the full 3 hours trip, they were communicating - I was understading them both, not sure how uch they were understanding each other, I lent them a pen to exchange emails, she was showing pics on her camera, they were showing cities and staff on the map so it was really interesting dynamic... their communication was at a level above than the verbal one for sure.. that's life or love or i don't know what - destiny let's call it.

No comments:
Post a Comment