Going to Keukenhof 13 years after the first visit was quite an interesting moment and brought many memories back…
Another early morning flight Sunday morning from Zurich to Amsterdam, then a bus to Keukenhof, a backpack on the back (since I was in the Netherlands for a business meeting on Monday), camera hanging on the neck and tulips, tulip heaven, I’m back. Last time I was with 2 friends and I was still living and studying in Maastricht so it was a nice trip; we were 2 of us staying with another student who just moved to Leiden and we had great time. Visiting the enormous park with tulips, all colors, sorts etc was amazing and now, it was again a thrill. Although, it appeared that most of them were almost gone but still was charming. I wondered how is it possible that many people completely disregard warnings Do not walk on the grass – especially the Asian tourists were just walking and taking pictures of themselves like it is in their backyard and there is no note not so ever. With all due respect, the lack of regard and respect to fellow tourists was no surprise at all – I’m used to it somehow.
After walking and experiencing again the park, I headed to den Haag to meet a classmate from school.. It has been loooong time since we’ve seen each other. So having a drink or two at the see, sun, beach, summer like reminded us a lot of Varna where we were born and raised and went to school. It feels really good to have friends everywhere and to keep in touch (facebook or so) and get together for a drink or so every now and then.
Then the final destination, Rotterdam, was reached before 7. I had a moment while finding the hotel, which was ranked #1 on tripadvisor (http://www.hotelpincoffs.nl/) and when I entered and was greated, I understood why it is there. A vintage place, great service, chic, style, culture, presence…. So it is the absolute place to be (of course, I wrote a review on tripadvisor).
Rotterdam is a very pretty city and the tall buildings in addition fascinated me. Next time should go there for longer and enjoy it. Till then, those memories will suffice and keep the hunger for more Dutch..

No comments:
Post a Comment