When I've heard that I should go to Argentina just for a few days, I had mixed feeling. You go there, you'll see the place but then you won't really have time to enjoy but it is what it is. Although I didn't expect to have a travel filled with so many events.
So all started wed evening when I had to take a flight Zurich - Frankfurt - Buenos Aires. well, Lufthansa can make your life a misery. The flight from Zurich to Frankfurt was delayed without any information. Once we boarded like 40min later, the pilot explained that there had been a series of events on the Frankfurt airport (like a Malaysian plane loosing a tire) which led to delays. We were a few of us, who had to take a flight to Buenos Aires and it appeared that we had less than 30 min to run across the airport, pass border control and board but we did it.
Next interesting moment for me was shortly before we land, a flight attendant came to surprise me that my luggage has not made it to the plane and I should go directly to Lost and Found. Am I lucky or what? second time in the last 6mo my luggage gets lost/delayed.
Next - a cab ride to the hotel which appeared to be with great location but very basic but for a night as long as it is safe and clean, I'm fine. After a shower, I had to go and buy shoes because a business meeting was coming in a few hours but it was combined with sightseeing of course.
The Obelisk, a walk along Florida street, Plaza de Mayo - beautiful places. The sales guy who sold me cute shoes was telling that I should not carry my camera out of the bag and should not have my passport with me but a copy - it didn't make me feel safe.
Then was a meeting in a neighborhood town and a drive back. The evening I dedicated to more walks around and a dinner in a restaurant across from the hotel. Unfortunately I didn't explore much in the late evening because somehow I didn't feel too safe walking alone and tired but will do next time.The city is nice and definitely needs more exploration.
Then came Fri and the next leg of the race which was a taxi ride to another airport and a flight to Iguazu.Well, one of the flight attendants dropped a bottle of soda which burst and of course who was the main victim - me, me me!
Upon arrival, the next driver was waiting for me and drove me to the hotel (complex)and what a place. In the middle of the jungle, isolated, away from everything, pools, hanging bridges to move between buildings, green and nice. Just a place to be for a retreat or.. a business meeting :)
it appeared that Sat morning is free and my main activity and presentation was in the afternoon, so we headed to the falls by taxi and it took us 20-30min. When we entered and told one guide that we have only like 3 hours he was shocked because they say you need at least 5. It is a huge park, you have a few different viewing points, a small eco train to move around, even boat trips (when you get soaking wet) but we were dedicated to do as much as possible. The falls are really great, the boat trip was ok (luckily we bought raincoats to have a minimum protection and it helped I think, then a train to il Diablo - a huge fall when you have to walk bridge after a bridge - all is done with metal roads sort of above the river and leads you to that fall. It was over crowded I should say and hard to walk fast. The viewing point was crazy crazy - you push around to get there and take a look. But it was worth seeing.
After the business 5hours part, I enjoyed a juice and a drink sitting and relaxing next to the pool and on Sun - the long way home starts.
And my luggage? after calls and emails finally Sat around lunch time I got an email response that they cannot contact me although they have my cell phone and that my luggage is at the airport in Buenos Aires. Considering that I'm flying on Sun I advised them to keep the luggage there and should pick up just before leaving and to check it again giving them another option to lose it. Make a guess what type of emails I'll be sending...
It appeared after all that my compact camera is missing which annoyed me and now I hope that the insurance will cover. In addition, the bottle of wine which I bought from the duty free was confiscated at Frankfurt because you cannot carry such staff in your carry on from Latin America to Europe. Just no comment - such non-sense could be mainly here.
now - looking forward the next adventures and less air-travel excitements hopefully.

No comments:
Post a Comment