Short trips to exotic and far destinations become common and came with my new job. So next one was Kuala Lumpur flying with Thai via Bangkok…
I somehow expected that the Thai staff will be nice, smiling (as the believe is that Thai people are), polite etc but no, I did not see anything like this but what can you do… At least I didn’t check luggage. I begin thinking that people working at airports and airlines probably do not completely represent their countries…
There was one funny moment, after a post on facebook that one emergency landing in SEA is enough for the week thinking about the Cathay case in Singapore, but people thought that I was on a plane which landed due to emergency case.
The unpleasant moment of big and spacious airports, which I love, is the fact that you should walk and walk and walk and as it is in Bangkok (BKK), the indications for certain gates is really limited and you are never sure if you are on the right track (in my case, looking for gates E had to pass all gates D but there was no info that E is that direction).
Then came the lounge since I had about 2.5 hrs to wait. One of the most difficult things to adapt to is always the breakfast and thankfully, there were fruits and a croissant but the other pastries and sandwiches or soups with rice and chilly somehow didn’t fit my understanding for breakfast but this is how you know that you are in a foreign country and should accept the culture. Although seeing people having whiskey or a beer at 6am has always amazed me… and there is one guy 9white) listening laud music behind me and another one snoring a few seats aside. A lady is getting sandwiches and packing them in her purse… it is fascinating to observe people at airports and lounges…

No comments:
Post a Comment