On day 7, we left Mandawa and headed towards the Rat Temple and Bikaner. Now about the Rat temple… In Hindu religion, pretty much every animal is sacred so are the rats and in the Rat temple you can see hundreds of rats walking, running, playing around, you enter with no shoes (of course, as it is the principle for all temples) and you walk around. The legend is that if a rat walks on your feet or if you see a white temple, you will have a lots of Luck. As I did not wish to see a rat near me, I hoped to see a white rat, but I didn’t so I will rely on my personal luck and not the assistance of a rat :)
Otherwise, we kept surviving in the cold and in particular in the morning, when getting into the bus with no heating system and while the temperature outside was close to the freezing point – the hopes to have warm nice weather and short sleeves disappeared but mid trip and we were getting ready for the next destinations and the desert where we were told to be prepared for a much colder night and days…
After arrival, we had to get in the bus again and drive to a farm for a farm dinner, outside, around a camp fire and good food and some cultural or so program. This was in the books but not all as each one of us had to be dressed in traditional Indian clothes and women we were in dresses and vials and I even had to be with short sleeves meaning cold.. Sincerely, I would have missed this part but it was what it was and the program said so, so let’s be a team. It was fun though and the actual dress up with 2 Indian women not speaking English, using safety pins even on your hair was part of the fun! So late night, cold room, heater, a place where I got lost because it is like a labyrinth with many bungalows and next morning, another day down, another coming and vacation time flying..
Otherwise, we kept surviving in the cold and in particular in the morning, when getting into the bus with no heating system and while the temperature outside was close to the freezing point – the hopes to have warm nice weather and short sleeves disappeared but mid trip and we were getting ready for the next destinations and the desert where we were told to be prepared for a much colder night and days…
After arrival, we had to get in the bus again and drive to a farm for a farm dinner, outside, around a camp fire and good food and some cultural or so program. This was in the books but not all as each one of us had to be dressed in traditional Indian clothes and women we were in dresses and vials and I even had to be with short sleeves meaning cold.. Sincerely, I would have missed this part but it was what it was and the program said so, so let’s be a team. It was fun though and the actual dress up with 2 Indian women not speaking English, using safety pins even on your hair was part of the fun! So late night, cold room, heater, a place where I got lost because it is like a labyrinth with many bungalows and next morning, another day down, another coming and vacation time flying..

No comments:
Post a Comment