Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What is the purpose of going to a live (rock/pop) concert?

I keep asking myself this question since last night when I went to see Depeche Mode in Zurich. Usually people go crazy, stand up, applaud, dance, sing with the band and it is normal for a live rock concert... But there were 2 guys sitting next to us who didn't move and didn't clap their hands even and on the top, they were with ear plugs. If you ask me it was not that unbearable loud but this is another story...

So why do you buy tickets and go to a concert if you do not enjoy it?  I realize that probably those 2 guys (and there were others I am sure) have a different level of self expression and understanding of joy and fun but then why bother going into the crowd, wear ear plugs and be pushed around?

I just cannot understand where the idea of going to a live concert and going crazy and this "sphinx" like behavior meet....

No comments:

Post a Comment