The spiritualism and environment in Bali differ from all other places and is absolutely unique. You feel that each house is a temple (and it is to a given extend). We were there during a holiday and I entered a few houses by mistake because I thought they were temples and wanted to take pics (once I was suggested to leave because it was a house).
The tourists are not unique – they are like everywhere although in Kuta, you will find a lot of surfers which is not valid for everywhere. It is full with Australians and Russians are quite popular too I guess considering that some of the menus were in Russian too.
People in Bali are some of the friendliest, gracious and charming people I have ever met. They will help you, you will be bargaining with them, they will smile at you and so on and so on. Oh, if you are white woman and have sort of curly hair, they may also want to touch you and can look at you like you are from another world.
Dances are also marvelous but we saw only part of one – costumes and movements were brilliant!
We rented a car with a driver and went on a day trip around Bali. Visiting Ubud is a must (try to go to the crafts places – something we didn’t do because of the differences in opinions and all (that I don’t want to talk about at all). The Mother Temple is another magic place (you need a sarong to go there and it is a must for everybody). Rice terraces are impressive as well.
Oh yes, and there in Bali, we sort of participated in an illegal event – coq fight. The driver stopped in a place that was packed and there was a temple so it looked OK but the next thing you see is men with chickens (beautiful ones!) and you hear screaming and shouting (no women there and you have to pay to enter). And all this – illegal. In a certain spot in Bali, you can also see a beach with black sand.
You can have marvelous dinners, drinks, views there but above all, you can enjoy the magic environment (it depends on what you prefer and since I do not enjoy laying on the beach walking around and experiencing the culture is the absolute must there). And this is hoe the trip concluded… with the flight to Singapore… next time in Bali – crafts, volcanos, culture and relax.

No comments:
Post a Comment