Thursday, August 13, 2009

5 months later

After spending more than 5 months here in Basel, I can say that it feels like much longer :)

The Swiss National Day was quite a disapointment (I do not think that anything can beat July 1 in Ottawa, not even July 4 in DC :) ). Fireworks the night before and food :)

Evertyhing in Switzerland takes time and all is slow.. very slow.. you wait and wait.. Like you like a sofa, order it, pay it in July and it will be delivered in November.

German here is really a weird dialect but it is what it is.

Interesting event in Basel is "im Fluss" - a stage in the river where groups perform and people have chats and drinks on the coast (the alleay along the river - not a real coast). At the same time people go swiming in Rhein. It is quite an interesting scene :)

The greatest advantage of Basel - you can easily travel everywhere.

The stores keep on closing earlier, but I got used to it somehow.

After 5 months I managed to find a reasonable bike, second hand for like 200$ so now I even bike to work and around.

Next step - go grocery shopping in St Louis in France :)

No comments:

Post a Comment