Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Trip to West Canada (Victoria, Calgary, Banff)

The trip from Vancouver to Victoria was about 2-3 hours by bus (and ferry - no other choice). The views from the ferry were great - clouds, ocean, mountains etc. In Victoria, I spent a few hours sightseeing the center/downtown of the city, the friends with whom I was staying, showed me the Victoria in night (and the legislative body building in lights!). The next day was dedicated to the Victoria gardens (a must see) - the Butchart gardens and Government house were the winners. I was able to experience a real BC / Victoria weather and some rain in the morning. The gardens were in green and unfortunately, the flowers were not in blossom (apart of the indoor section of the park).

In the afternoon of the 4th day, I took the plane to Calgary. The weather conditions were marvelous and the view of the Rockies was incredible!.

At the Calgary Airport, I was welcomed by the 3 EMU girls - Jo (based in Calgary) and Andrea and Dhar (based in Toronto and Lancaster :) ).

Saturday was dedicated to Banff and Lake Louise (which was frozen :) ); The view from the gondola in Banff was again unbelievable; and the wind on the top of the Sulphur mountain - cold (but not too bitter cold). Tasting Alberta beef was another main stop in Calgary as well as the Olympic city. Which is pretty much most of Calgary - at least that's my impression.

And Sunday afternoon, we caught the return flight home.

1 comment:

  1. Pictures from your trip are very beautiful. When I look at your pictures I want to see those places. :)))

    ReplyDelete